Jefferson concluded: "A Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." Democracy and autocracy— of which monarchies and dictatorships are examples —are forms of government, not objects of worship. It is the country that engages the heart, not the system of government by which the country is governed. And it is the country that is the legitimate object of allegiance, loyalty and love.
top of page
bottom of page